While researching PvP set-ups for my new Myrmidon I came across a few different PvP setups, one of which being CrazyKinux’s. After looking around the Ships and Modules section in the EVE Online forums and the Loadouts section of the BattleClinic forums, I ended up deciding on a setup based on CrazyKinux’s.
- High Slots
- Medium Slots
- Low Slots
I’m not entirely sure how much this will set me back but since I’ve got 66 million ISK, it shouldn’t make too much of a dent in my wallet.
Unfortunately, I still need to train some skills to allow me to use everything but luckily I’ve got EVEMon to track what skills I need to train. Which are:
1. Scout Drone Operation III (1 hour, 28 minutes, 30 seconds)
2. Scout Drone Operation IV (1 day, 9 hours, 12 minutes, 14 seconds)
3. Long Range Targeting IV (2 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes, 38 seconds)
4. Energy Systems Operation I (12 minutes, 59 seconds)
5. Engineering V (7 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes, 18 seconds)
Total time: 11 days, 17 hours, 48 minutes, 41 seconds
The last skill isn’t necessarily needed to fly the ship, I’ve just got it there to help to boost my power grid capacity. Seeing as I had to take off the N-Type Thermic Hardener I to lower how many MWs of my power grid was being taken up. I’m most likely going to get everything fitted after Energy Systems Operation I has finished training then train Engineering V while I’m using my Myrmidon and then when that’s finished I’ll switch the Mark I Generator Refitting: Diagnostic System for an N-Type Explosive Hardener I.
I guess this is what I get for missing out on just under a year of skill training.
Which brings my onto my next subject; guides, resources and apps.
While researching setups for my Myrmidon, I found a few great apps, guides and forums. So if anyone looking for ship fitting info is reading this, the following links should be all you need to help you get a great setup going.
- EVE Fitting Tool – Great tool in which you can choose your ship and fitting with. Once you’ve chosen your fitting it will tell you useful info such as your DPS (Damage Per Second), maximum targeting range
- QuickFit Ship Fitter – Application similar to the EVE Fitting Tool, I don’t think the creator releases updates anymore though.
- EVEMon – Great app for planning skills and keeping track of your character’s stats when not in EVE.
- Probing FAQ
- “Idiots Guide to Scan Probes”
- Safespot and Scan Probes Guide
- Ship Setups Index – Great forum thread with tons of setups for almost every ship you can think of.
- Missile Guide – Official CCP missiles guide.
- Turret Tracking Guide – Official CCP turret tracking guide.
- Drones Guide
- Drone Calculator
- Cloaking FAQ
- The Definitive Guide to Electronic Warfare – Covering topics such as warp scrambling, target painting, capacitor draining, etc.
- Missile Damage/Ship Speed Spreadsheet
- Missile Damage Calculator
You can find more at the Ships and Modules Guides, and Resources thread.