Image by crazykinux via Flickr
It seems that a hell of a lot has been happening in the world of EVE Online while I was out today. Over the last 12 hours, there has been over fifty news articles posted to the downtime news page. There are just so many events (and possibly more coming), there’s no way I can link to and talk about them all individually. So below is a timeline of sorts of the many events with the newest story at the top. I’ll keep an eye on the downtime news page and update the timeline as news events are posted.
- 9:07 EGT (EVE Game Time) – BREAKING NEWS: Minmatar-Thukker Fleet Reappears in Yulai – Stargates Shut Down
Mysterious Minmatar-Thukker armada re-appears, seems to be at least twice as big as before. CONCORD shuts down all gates leading into Yulai
- 9:38 EGT – Eyewitness reports from inside Yulai
Reports are filtering in to various news networks from eyewitnesses on the scene, who are now trapped inside the system of Yulai.
- 10:08 EGT – Mass panic in Yulai
Mass Panic has taken hold in Yulai and waves of civilian ships have been spotted leaving stations in a bid to escape Yulai, ignoring CONCORD intructions to stay clear of the locked down stargates.
- 10:13 EGT – CONCORD BUREAU STATION UNDER ATTACK
Dozens of Dreadnaughts from the Minmatar-Thukker fleet open fire on the CONCORD Bureau Station while smaller escort warships open fire on CONCORD vessels. Eye witnesses report massive casualties on both sides before transmissions are jammed.
- 10:58 EGT – First images of battle in Yulai
Scope News manages to wire a compressed packet from Yulai through an independent local transmitter. Images are distorted but explosions can be seen ripping through the CONCORD Station. CONCORD reinforcements arrive at the fight with every passing minute.
- 11:10 EGT – Major CONCORD network outage reported; Yulai connections reopen
CONCORD’s cluster-wide data network suffers a severe and unprecedented outage. Communications to Yulai re-established. Small engagements break out in the system between civilian ships and local law enforcement but CONCORD assistance is nowhere to be seen.
- 11:15 EGT – Servant Sisters of Eve urge calm
Sister Elaya Selnaarei urges the the cluster not to panic amidst the pandemonium in Yulai.
- 11:18 EGT – BREAKING NEWS: CONCORD BUREAU STATION DESTROYED – CONCORD DISABLED
Scope News confirms that the CONCORD Bureau Station has been destroyed and that all rapid defence capabilities of the police agency have been disabled.
- 11:45 EGT – Scope data recorder salvaged, images recovered
An independant pilot finds the wreckage of Scope’s on-site media shuttle and salvages the data recorder. Images are found that show the horrific battle between CONCORD and the Minmatar-Thukker fleet unfolding.
- 11:50 EGT – Markets crash across the cluster
SCC-run markets in stations across the cluster come to a grinding halt following the destruction of CONCORD Headquarters.
- 11:53 EGT – Trade hub turning into a warzone
With CONCORD out of commission the Jita is struck hard by pirates trying to take advantage of the lack of defence for all traders now leaving the biggest trade hub in EVE.
- 12:01 EGT – Majority of CONCORD Assembly delegates accounted for
After a frantic search of the Yulai system following the sudden and devastating assault from the combined Minmatar-Thukker fleet, multiple evacuation shuttles are secured by search and rescue teams.
- 12:17 EGT – REPORT: Minmatar-Thukker Armada Invades Ammatar Mandate
Minmatar-Thukker warships engage and destroy several Ammatar Fleet patrols in Jarizza, a system in the Derelik Region. The unprovoked attack appears to have completely caught the Ammatar Fleet by surprise.