I haven’t had the time to get into EVE much over the past couple days so I don’t really have anything remotely interesting to write about. The only thing that has happened to me lately is being on the way back from Jita to Tasti and being blown up by a pirate gate-camping in a Badger MkII. Unluckily for me, I was too busy taking these two screenshots to notice that he was flashing red and that he had targeted me.
Luckily for me, I was only flying in a shuttle (and not my beautiful and valuable Myrmidon) and I had nothing in the cargo bay; and although I was podded, I had no implants (valuable or otherwise). So I didn’t really lose anything of any importance or great value, just 940,000 ISK for the new clone.
Anyway, back to my original point, links. Over the past couple days, I’ve found some great guides, apps and general bits of news that I thought you guys and girls may find useful or interesting. A couple, I’ve posted before but I thought I’d post them again in case you may have missed them or we have some new readers that hasn’t seen them. So here goes.
- EVE-MEEP -Eve-MEEP is the host for a wide array of tools that provide the vital calculations necessary for any serious industrialist. These tools take advantage of data accumulated by Eve-MEEP to help with everything from production to mining to trade.
- EVEMon – A lightweight, easy-to-use standalone Windows application designed to assist you in keeping track of your EVE Online character progression.
- EVE Fitting Tool – Great program in which you can try out and test new fittings for ships you have or are thinking about buying.
- The EVE Compendium – A compendium of EVE knowledge, mostly in the form of guides. Pretty much any guide you’ll need is in this compendium.
- 2D EVE Maps – Does what it says on the tin, 2D EVE maps by Ombey (and not Omber Zombie as I wrote earlier for some reason).
- EVE Alliance Map – A galaxy map, regularly updated with alliance territory locations, pirate infestations, alliance war zones and current political power blocs.
- EVE Influence Map – Similar to the alliance map above but instead shows influence.